Friday 25 November 2016

112616

After a long day (and week) of conversations 
and of running and of walking about, 
I find myself pondering upon 
the mysteries of growth and change. 

There is a handful of things 
I fail to comprehend, 
there is a certain extent of self-contempt 
that wracks my chest--
I am lost in a haze, 
blinded in a maze. 

The days 
have been demanding and requiring. 

I find myself looking from side to side, 
trying to gauge the measure of the path I'm on. 
I don't know. 

Within the dying hours, 
I reflect and fail to understand. 
Am I taking any step forward? 
Why does it seem like 
I am retracting back and again
to the point where I have been 
when I was younger? 

I feel squeezed in in this being 
that doesn't seem to grow. 
I need to let myself out. 
I need to see who I really am. 
Or am I now who I should be? 
And the only key to it is acceptance? 

It's a wonder, a trick, a riddle. 

The self 
is the most difficult puzzle 
to figure out, 
and I want a way to solve it. 
Because apart from learning 
the real deal within me, 
I will be found in sorrow. 

How does faith and love grow? 
How does hope get into completion? 
I don't understand 
but what I am most sure of is 
that acknowledgment of the state of the heart is 
the first step, 
all else is a blur, 
but I want to say 
that the journey is on--
I am going to allow myself 
to be more than my confusion and regrets, 
my wonders and retraces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment