Saturday 21 July 2018

Donuts and Marvel

Currently: Drinking Mango Kreme Chiller and Munching on Krispy Kreme donuts
Watching: Marvel movies
Weather: Extremely rainy
Just quickly typing some thoughts in...

Wow, it's been a while since I last wrote a narrative here, since I last ate donuts, and since I've chilled life out in this manner!! I am super thrilled.

Since last night I've been going on an MCU marathon, starting with Doctor Strange, followed by Thor: Ragnarok, then The Avengers (2012), and about to watch Captain America: Civil War. This has been triggered by my recent viewing of Ant-man and The Wasp, and I just felt like I missed all these superheroes that I wanted to see them all over again. And here I am growing in how I view and love them as I watch the movies they're in again. I found myself crying on the last part of The Avengers even if I've seen the movie many times before. What was going on in my heart is really deeply sentimental, something that tackles our/my need for superheroes and all that stuff.

While watching, I realized that I'm craving for donuts so I quickly changed clothes and grabbed donuts and chiller from Krispy Kreme (which is just in the next street). Oh, the feeling of walking in the rain with a paper bag of donuts and a plastic glass of chiller on the hands? It's been too long since life has been this incredibly kind.

I am very much free in thinking the past two days, and I realized that I have been so hard on myself for the past months that I missed out on chilling and spending time alone with myself. Hearing myself squealing, cheering on, commenting on the movies all on my own makes me realize that maybe there's this huge space in my heart to be secluded and be freed from everything every once in a while. It's just some kind of a rest for the heart and mind. It's not just the activity, but the choice to live out the past hours in this way that makes the whole thing relaxing.

I feel something which I haven't gone through in the recent past. Freedom and independence? Experience and meditation on art? Identification with and entering the worlds of fictional characters? Probably none of these, some of these or all of it, but what I wanna say is that this meaningful time with the self is essential and necessary.

Back to my movies and food now!

No comments:

Post a Comment