Wednesday 30 December 2020

bye, 2020


here we are parting, to our wits' ends

as usual, as had been with the other years

with you, I've learned a different meaning to every rhyme,
have conquered more battles and have shifted dynamically 
the photos I have gathered were not more on the seas and the mountains
but are more of the people, the smiles and their tears, the longings and our desires

this year, I rediscovered childlike faith,
to believe even when my hands cannot do anything
to listen to the song there is when waiting--
because it is wonderful in its aches, truths, and surprises

my adventures were not in stretches and lengths, not on the roads
but were in depths, in insights, in learning, all within
a reroute to the self, to unravel each of my whys
and to make decisions in the present, to reflect my hopes for the future

to have resided inside also meant
I have written (and hidden) more words
and have read and acquainted myself with more books
than I've had in the last half-decade

in all that there is, I have realized gratitude
a new tune to it, a new form of it
that it doesn't rely on the circumstance
and it always, always rests on perspective

everyday, faith, hope, and love--
I realized, if breathed in and out makes one the most beautiful
that it makes the eyes see, the ears hear, and the heart feel
the greatest miracles ever told- that ever happened /even/ in the darkest of times

No comments:

Post a Comment