Friday 15 March 2013

A View From Above

Last 11th of March, our Abnormal Psychology class went to Bataan for a field trip. This is my first field trip with my Psych batchmates and here is how it went...

First, we went to Mt. Samat, because it was along the way, and I thought that if one must go Bataan, they shouldn't miss this mountain. Not just because of its natural and scenic experience, but also its vintage and historical feels. It is a not-so-high mountain that has an altar at some point of it, and then a cross at the most top. Here are some documents!

The class prepping to go up! :)


Mt. Samat was already constructed, so it has been a little touched away from its natural appearance, but still, you can feel your on top when you're climbing it.

The view of the cross from the lower part of the mountain

We're already at the altar! The history and I think that smaller frame somewhere in the middle is a map. I didn't read it though.

Posing with a friend, Wyngard. :) I don't know what that thing behind is. But it feels we're somewhere in the Great Wall. Haha

A mosaic glass art. This one is huge. Actually, three walls of the altar are composed of these glass arts.  It is visible on the latter pictures


Defying the heat with our smiles! We're about to go to the mini museum beside the altar, but it wasn't allowed to take pictures there. Sayang! The vintage pieces in the museum are really cool: rifles, soldier uniforms, US presidents' letters to some Filipino gov't officials, canons, old shoes, etc (stuffs during the Japanese occupation)

Way up!

That's the altar! :D View from halfway to the top

The view of the altar when we're almost at the top

The elevator within that giant cross is stuffed!

Scenic view. Romantiiiiic.

The sculptures are scaredovvvme. The weight of my appeal. Okay, I'm already haggard there from climbing all the way up. The wall behind me is a part of the giant cross.

We're inside the giant cross and we're going up to its arms! Cooool. 

We're in the arms of the giant cross! ITWASSSOOOCOOL UP THERE.

Scenic view from above

This round window (which was so in demand  to us for pictorials) is the other end of the cross' arms.

I'm enjoying the view and the really cool breeze! Mehe. The feels is like your in Eiffel Tower. I don't know tho, because never been to Paris. But the major effect of the giant cross is to be a place to view Bataan :)

Altar view from the cross' arm. This is how far we are from the a fourth from the top of the mountain

A monkey! I was surprised we'd find one, then I remembered we're on a mountain. I almost forgot because the place was already constructed in some way.

It's as if the leaves and branches are kissing the clouds and the skies. Wheeeew.

Beeeautiful. I wish that the regular roads I am walking onto are like this!

Hehe

We're on our way down. We took a different route from the ones we took to go up. That was a narrow zigzaggy staircase. This is a turny downward road

This is us! Abnormal Psychology class.

Trees. Lovely really. I was trying to suck the ambiance.

The cool road. I can imagine myself on a bike here, but that's impossible I don't know how to ride one. Ugggh. Romantiiiiic.

After the Mt. Samat stroll, we went to our real goal, to a mental hospital that accommodates patients from Central Luzon, the Mariveles Mental Hospital...

By the entrance.
It wasn't allowed to take pictures inside, so this is just one of the very few pictures we had there. It was cool there, not in the way, I'd want to be admitted there, but in a way that I've learned some things. I am a Psych major for some time now, but I'm still afraid of the possible violence from the mentally ill, but we found out that it wasn't like that. We had the opportunity to talk to some patients there, and it was pretty cool. :)

Yehey, another travel. Another place went to. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment