Wednesday 24 April 2013

Summer must be...

The humidity is undeniably a pain and I feel like being Rapunzel trapped home because I just can't take the heat outside. Hello, Pinas!

What to do?
1. Summer Job
2. Summer Class
3. Freelance home-tambay

I feel like I'm the laziest 18-year-old lady in the country because it seems like I'm the only one spending these days at home and yes, I'm still a student so these things may still be bearable and who says a kid must take a job when s/he's not in class when s/he has already spent the schooldays being so "ppppr-ppr-roductive"? But of course, I know I'm not the only one being dull these days... hehe apir sa lahat ng tropang tambay! :)

My body's not doing anything and it just goes um... well... it's something like... yeah, I'm gaining more weight I have to blame it to the comforts of being at home. Well, soon I'll be getting out to the real world (workplace) and will be suffering a lot, so for now, I'll live life like there's no food tomorrow. Cooool.

Anyways, it doesn't mean that my body's fattening up, that I'll allow my mind to go without a workout! Hihi. I'm so happy I've been able to read lots these days and I have to say that I've enjoyed all the novels I've read ever since I've been meaning to be faithful to my 2-books-a-day-2-books-in-2-days self-challenge though they're not all champs. 

Def: 2-books-a-day-2-books-in-2-days means that I have to read 2 books a day and it may always go like this: Today, I will start reading this and prolly end it tomorrow and then I'll start another book again after that, so I'll be reading 2 books a day but not 4 in 2 days, but still 2. Ummmm... it's hard to understand but the logic is easy.

So, I've been doing that and I must say that my reading pace has coped and I'm enjoying all my summer reads!!!! :) So far my favorite among all my summer reads is A Small Free Kiss in the Dark by Glenda Millard because it's awesome. I totally recommend it to all the readers of any genre out there because it's sooo deep and it's good. I really think it's good. Heeeeh~ Anyway, I have to say that I found Graffiti Moon written by Cath Crowley also good. Graffiti Moon because I haven't read a YA and a love story yet since the year started  (except for McEwan's Atonement which I read last Feb. It's a love story but I don't wanna classify it with Graffiti Moon) and it's quite refreshing for me, and the fact that it made me laugh lotsa times throughout reading it and even after I've read it makes it top my summer read list.

Well, so far, those are my summer champs and I resolved to read more and more and more and to avoid watching too much Korean dramas, to which I've been into at the start of the summer, these days. Watching stuff like that make me so dreamy and high schoolish all over again when I'm tryna get past that! Hehe

Apparently, whenever I'm talking/writing, I'm overusing words. Chsh! Anyways, still more than a month before summer ends and I have to make sure that I snatch the most out of this heat! Oyeeeebabes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment