Saturday 5 October 2013

The Smell of the Day

Today. Today smells home. The atmosphere surrounding the place makes my heart light. The skies are dim, but it doesn't look like it's gonna rain, and thoughts flood through me. Everyone's got their own chores to do, and though I am required to slump myself in front of my academic books, it doesn't make that much of a difference, it still smells home.

Writing this helps me record the memory, writing consoles my heart from the remembrance of tomorrow's wave. This thing I do gives me a break from all these things I find myself I've drowned into. Oh, thoughts, thoughts, thoughts. My brain is apparently working right now, but no, it does not work the way I need it to. I need my brain to remember and store everything that I am studying, but what it does is think things that make me dream and think things that slowly snatch me from reality.

My body feels weak and tired from the consecutive sleepless nights that I've been to, but because today smells home, I feel like a child once again. A child who's just doing her weekend homeworks, and who's gonna have her time for play a little later when the noon sun already rested. That's how I feel, probably, that's what I dream my life to be right now, I dream to become a child again, and to seize the days with my tiny little hands. And I realized that we always dream of the things of the past and the things that are to come. Who would dream of what's in front of them already?

Ok, as I was saying, today smells home and it makes me think of bright things, and it makes me wander in my head.

(Procrastination method #8: Write the thoughts that disturb you from studying)

1 comment: