Saturday 30 November 2013

Lizzy and I

(via)

Pride and Prejudice was written ages ago (200 years ago this year), but it is not surprising to see a lot of Lizzy Bennets still walking around-- waiting for their Darcys. Well, the sad thing is the number of Darcys cannot compensate for the number of Lizzys waiting. This just breaks my heart. Are all the girls blessed to meet their own Mr. Darcy? Or did our beloved Miss Austen just wrote Pride and Prejudice to console us that "if in reality it won't happen, then, let's just at least make it possible in our heads"? Ha. I love Jane Austen, but... this is truly heartbreaking.

Other people would say, "Oh, I love Lizzy Bennet! I would model myself after her." This makes me giggle. Who would want to be Lizzy if they aren't assured they'll ever meet Mr. Darcy? Well, for me, the case is different, I say: Oh my, I am so like Elizabeth Bennet.

Elizabeth Bennet
-loves reading books
-loves horror and gory novels
-speaks her mind without thinking twice/straightforward
-full of prejudice
-had no boyfriend since birth (until flirtation with Wickham, I guess or until Darcy)
-pretty but not a perfect beauty (but her personality is what makes people love her)
-has fine eyes
-loves running and walking
-of the lower class
-quick-witted
-romantic
-her body shape is not in perfect symmetry
-not as ladylike as Jane and not as flirty as Lydia
-waiting for Mr. Right (I'd characterize Liz as this, with her ideals on marriage and love life. Well, this is among her downfalls though, at least for her mother. Apparently, she won't marry the one she doesn't love)

(via)

Me

-loves reading books
-loves horror and gory novels  (limited to dark reads)
-speaks mind without thinking twice
-full of prejudice!!!
-has no boyfriend since birth
-not-so-pretty (mehehehe)
-has expressive eyes (they say)
-runs anywhere (uncontrollable)
-average social class (or lower than average)
-quick-witted (foolish on most occassions)
-eeeerrromantic
-ha! uhm, chubby
-not ladylike, but wise enough to preserve self-control (#1 reason I bet on why I'm still single)
-waiting for Mr. Right (who is he? how is he like? for this matter, I'll call him the God-given man)

Errrr, I'm actually finding this little game of mine ridiculous. Why should I compare myself to Lizzy, in the first place? Huuuh, just can't stop myself. Of course, I'd want myself to be almost the same as my favorite heroine, but, I don't wanna go on imitating her or pretending to be like her, it just so happened I got some qualities of hers, and I know almost all the girls 'round the world have some of her qualities, too.

(via)

Apparently, I am looking for a Mr. D!!!

The guy (Mr. Darcy-the-likes):
-a guy who would ask me for a dance (because he likes me and not because he just wants to play or flirt around)
-someone who'd write me a letter instead of sending foolish text msgs
-that guy who'd wait for the right timing, long enough for him to understand that his feelings are genuine so I won't be hurt
-smart enough
-secretly observes me from a distance (ha! but not in a creepy manner)
-loving and sincere

(I wouldn't really vote for the physical appearances of a guy, or the material stuff he has [though this is something that should be well-considered, just saying it is negotiable hehe], I would love a guy who could love me with all he is, and a guy whom I could love back-- of course, the feelings must be mutual!)


(via)

So, I did it again! :( another dramatic/romantic post
the ever classic romantic me, S.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the bit about Mr. Darcy being ugleh hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also

    I've noticed that medj may pinaghuhugutan yung descriptions mo for your Mr. D. I think. Hmm
    >:)

    ReplyDelete