Sunday 23 March 2014

March Nostalgia

This time of the year reminds me of a lot of things. Through the years, the month of March, especially its latter part, reminds me of games, trees, children, and everything else that revolves around childhood. I spent my childhood summers in Pangasinan, and as we were growing up, I noticed that we don't go there as much as we did before.

During my younger years, everytime March comes I'd be very excited because I know that classes are going to end + we are gonna be on vacation + we are traveling to a wonderful place we spend little time in. Now, that I am 19, in college, and summer doesn't mean vacation at all, I feel mixed feelings towards March: the sameness of the excitement, and that sad feeling that I wouldn't be back there in my childhood anymore.
(via)

Because of the intoxicating atmosphere of being in the university, most of the time, we students wish that it'd end already so that we can unwind for a while, take off, and just chill out. Of course, I feel that way now. But having this semester end doesn't mean I'd be spending vacation at all, there'd be a lot other stuff to take care of, like applying for my internship, spending time with people, then the internship itself.

I can't believe how smoothly the seasons changed, that without us realizing them, we are already distant from where we once have been. I can't believe that the smell of childhood is now just a memory and not an experience anymore. Oh well, I've accepted this now. Though childhood was wonderful, I'm happy that I've once had it, and I'm happy that I'm already over it, too. At least, I'm able to experience more of the world, and I'm glad that I can associate Summer with a lot of other things than vacation and games. I'm also glad that I have good memories to ponder upon every now and then. I may crave for them, but I know they helped me become this curious wanderer I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment