Monday 7 March 2016

Authencity is the best form of beauty

With all the perceptions of beauty, talent, intellect, and stuff that make people admirable, I am deeply concerned about people who are being shaken by the "What's-up" and the "What's-cool" stuff that they tend to prefer trendiness over authenticity. Everyone wants to be liked.

via
What makes a person beautiful? What makes a person smart? What makes a person talented? What makes a person admirable? If I have every single human in this planet answer these questions, surely, I'd get tons of perceptions and opinions which are totally irrelevant to determining a person's worth. And if in that case, they're all gonna be irrelevant then why should I still ask? Just to prove that there's no such thing as stan...dards!!! a phenomenon I'm so annoyed with. People who know me deeply would understand that I perceive standards as completely destructive lists that tend to summon people to try to become who they are not (if someone could just hear the snappiness of my tone, they would know how this is suffocating for me). My desire is for people to understand their worth apart from other people's judgments.

Authenticity is beautiful. For the record, it is not just a cliche statement people have used to comfort people who are perceived not to have it all, it is true and man... it is just true. I've never seen anyone who is just being his/her true self ugly, no matter who they are or where they coming from. I actually find it brave and beautiful. It makes me appreciate the diversity among humans, and the preciousness of each one. I find it uglier (sorry for the word, but) when people try to be who they're not. It makes me puke, it makes me want to go on life coaching them.

Preach, Skate, preach. Hear ya. But seriously, I know I am imperfect and most times I have this little pot of envy boiling within me towards other people who seem to have it all, but then I look back to how I was crafted and I realize that it is vanity and to futility to try to be like someone else because I am from a completely different makeup, with completely different gifts, social circles, upbringing, and all these that piece our identity. Trying to fit in to the point of conforming is a fruit of wanting to be desired, it is ego at work.

It is not sheer incompetence that people copy other people and plagiarize other people's crafts, it is from a high level of insecurity that people try to come up with the same stuff other people already came up with. It is a declaration that they don't know who they are or what they can do, they just end up going through the same thing other people have already done--thinking they would be liked better using other people's intellect under their names.

It is not merely jealousy that people try to beautify themselves the way the society thinks people should be beautiful, it is a mixture of the lack of knowledge about one's personal identity and the lack of confidence on who they really are. Things which if I try to tie up, I would not get to the end of.

Getting admiration and affection from someone is a great thing. It is among our many human needs. But we don't need everyone's approval to fill in that need. What is the difference of getting the greater mass's approval from getting only a handful's, but whose thoughts for the authentic you are authentic feelings--which most likely will last? Big. Sure, it's fun to get all the other people notice and praise you, but at the end of the day, you're replaceable with all the other clones that the society's standards produced. Compare it to being liked by very few people whose affections are deeper and truer, this is definitely priceless. It's the fact of being loved and being found with a worth when you least expect it, when you're in your rawest.

They say there's no new thing under the sun, and how's that? I'm not saying you try to come up with something new. Originality doesn't equate to authenticity. Authenticity is being who you truly are. And there might be others who are like you, and it doesn't mean that you're imitating them just because you ended up with the same interests and style. I'm just saying for you to live according to who you really are. And it's beautiful if we all just stop caring (because sadly, some people will continue judging), but practice the beauty and fearfulness of our inner to outer selves.

I hope all the women in the world would just be confident in their own skin. Because we are all beautiful, we are all loved, and we have a great capacity to love. Also sending this to the guys out there, you are all beautiful and lovely.
via

No comments:

Post a Comment