Thursday 17 March 2016

Whatever is...

via
Among the many and diverse characteristics of us humans is our vulnerability--that one phenomenon that makes or breaks us. For me, I would define it as a trait that makes the things and people in our surroundings able to have an effect on or affect us. And, I can attest to the fact that it is present in every single one of us. We all are vulnerable.

As a Christian woman who has been striving to live a life of worship, I would say that the things around me attribute to my being. I am as much of a human as every single one of my co-humans is. Rains happen, summers come, floods rise up, lands get dried... life just simply goes on in a certain manner of difficulty. Honestly, it isn't easy. I like things which are different from what are right, the world around us can be so tempting--we sometimes feel like all we need to do is to go grab and get what it offers.

Despite the strong and aggressive efforts of the world to lure us into temptation though, we should be careful to keep ourselves preserved for the Utmost. We have been bought with a price, that which is more than silver or gold, more than riches or fame.

1 Corinthians 7:23-24, NLT
God paid a high price for you, so don't be enslaved by the world. 
Each of you, dear brothers and sisters, should remain 
as you were when God first called you.

And that calling started when we received Him, and acknowledged Him as lord and savior over our lives, therefore, that was upon us having been freed from our bond from the world. And the price He paid to buy us from that enslavery was the most precious blood of our dear Lord Jesus Christ. In the same manner, we should sacrificially offer ourselves before Him, trusting His greater plans for us, defying the lusts of the flesh, choosing what is honorable before Him.

Today, as I have thought about it, I have discovered that life wouldn't be easier from here onward. Things will happen, I will get my heart even more broken than I already have, and life will just continue to be life. But I have Him. And I want that to be the only thing that matters, for that to be enough for me. I may not be on that full scale of offering yet, but that is my desire because I know that I would be better off nowhere else than in His arms.

Dear Lord,
 I know that the world can be beautiful and glorious before my eyes--the grandiose of all such creation of men is too high it makes me want to climb. But to what will it avail if I follow my flesh and taint my worth off? To what will it avail if I obeyed my own desires and broke Your precious heart? Let me dare not to veer away from Your holiness, from Your orchestrations, from Your truths. Strengthen my heart that I will choose to honor You with whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy in Your sight. I am nothing but a weak being, dysfunctional and demented to my own disgrace, but the price You have placed as my worth makes all things invaluable, crafting me to be nothing else but a woman called, "Yours". Meet my heartbeats with Your plans, and let me love You to my deepest. 
SP
 

No comments:

Post a Comment