Sunday 20 January 2013

How many times to find that one?

ONCE.

Since the holidays season that has just passed, I've been digging films which were supposedly for the vacation period, but because I've been doing other things, and sometimes don't feel like watching, I wasn't able to watch some of the films I downloaded. And I believe that to watch a movie, you have to be in the mood for the genre.

Mostly, I searched for "Most blanks" or the "Top blanks of the decade". And during the vacation I had these genres on my list: Musicals (old/new/indie/mainstream), Superhero films (because I feel like being a kid), Love Stories (not really romantic films. Those are different), Suspense/Detective, and Award-winning films. Well, it sounds like I've downloaded or watched many films, but not really. Haha. Those were just the genres on my search list.

And then I got across the film "Once" starring musicians Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. I found out that that song Falling Slowly sung by Lee de Wyze and Crystal Bowersox in AI came from this movie. Grabe, this song makes you remember your debts. I mean it like the old people do.


I downloaded it like weeks ago, but I've only got to watch it two nights ago. The film is lovely. I mean lovely. It is very plain and simple and the soundtracks (mostly written by Hansard and Irglova as well) were superb (too much praise. ehem). This film is an indie musical, and uh, a love story. When you say it is a love story it is something about love and it can be about anything. The film is about a week of two strangers who met and journeyed with music. Well, I don't wanna tell so much because when I watched it I didn't know anything about it, but I'll post snaps from the film na lang. And mind me, it is not your typical love story that has kissing scenes and what-not's. Ok, spilling a lot.

First they met. :) Hihi. I just had to post it because I think the setting was lovely.

They're about to sing Falling Slowly! 
Just some stroll.


What I loved about it is that they are both non-actors and just legit musicians, and it was obvious but I think it was really great. Hehe :) And I've just learned that they had this low-budget film adapted into a Broadway musical! I don't know much abt it yet, but I think it lovely. I hope to watch more movies like this! (giddy giddy)

(photos are not mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment