Sunday 20 January 2013

Last Friday

Oh and uh, we just watched the movie Les Miserables (The Poor) last Friday, January 18, 2013, two days after it premiered here in the Philippines. Well, I was with my lowerclassmen friends (they're in 2nd yr college, and I'm in 3rd yr, but we hang out sometimes because I've got lotsa classes with them, long story why), and Soleil treated me! Yipee, because she just celebrated her 18th bday last December! I say this is such a lovely birthday blowout.


I was thrilled when I found out that Les Mis has its musical film adaptation, and its at the time when the story is still fresh in my memory. I have read the book more than or almost (not sure) a year ago, and I say that I was very touched by the humility and the grandness of the book. What to say? Victor Hugo was one of the primed writers of his time. Anyways, I haven't watched the Broadway musical yet, but every now and then I watch the clips and the song numbers on YT. I just love it really, and then comes this film! 


Some photos and snaps (I do not own them):
Look at these photos! :) they sure did a good job on this, didn't they?
Looks a lot same.

Anne Hathaway as Fantine singing "I dreamed a dream"



Look! Helena Bonham-Carter's there as Mrs. Thernadier. What not to love? 
Please watch this film if you haven't yet! Well, because the production was so ambitious and smooth. The adaptation was good and the gist of the story isn't cropped. I must say I found the casting good. Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried are both revelations, since they do not do much of this kind. Hugh Jackman nailed it! Well, of course, the beloved Eponine character, Sam Barks did well as she did on Broadway.

If you have a knack for classical, musical, historical stuffs, surely you'll love this. 

PS, I blog one time big time most of the time, because of only two reasons:
1. I spend a week in Pampanga w/ nothing to say, and w/ no internet connection
2. I feel lazy most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment