Wednesday 11 December 2013

Job Bucket List #1

I sometimes find myself getting curious about the lives of people working on certain jobs, and I think I wanna experience a day or two in the lives of these people. I wanna explore the world that revolves around them, and the world to where their jobs stretch out to. 

For this job bucket list, I am listing the jobs I want to experience because I am very very curious about the nature of their jobs and the working environment they have. Here are those jobs:

1. Lounge singer/musician
                  I find it interesting to be "the song playing in the background". These people give color and bubbles to the evening of the people in the hotels/restaurants, but we don't really know who they are, and how they feel to be the ones being both in the stage and the background.
           
(via)
(via)

2. Theater Maintenance Crew
                  What I mean in this crew are the janitors, sound technicians, and all those responsible for the technical and facility stuff. I really want to experience their jobs as much as I want to be a stage actress, especially when the auditorium is huge enough to house thousands of people, ugh I can imagine the adrenaline rush of preparing the stage. The part when all the stage actors/actresses/directors leave the rest to you while they focus on their jobs ha! I really find this job amusing. 

(via)

3. Mailman/Messenger
                  I have this curiosity for the how-to's in life. Ever since ever, I have always been curious how my letter would go to a person who's overseas. And as I grow up, I have this curiosity of how packages are being carried from a place to a place. For me, being a mailman is a very important job. Being a mailman is like being a bridge! This person is with high hopes of being able to "say" whatever it was he/she wants to "say", and he/she can't do it without you! And this other person on the other side of the road cannot "hear" whatever's gonna be said if you won't be able to do your job well. Cheers!

(via)

(via)

4. Bungee Jumping Assistant (or whatever they're called)
                 It isssss really thrilling to be bungee jumping (I mean: by just looking at it), and it feels really fantstic-horrible-amazing-scary-a lot to be doing this outdoor activity. But what if you're the man in charge of the ropes?! You are the "Kuya" to whom these people who are looking for a thrill in their boring lives entrust their all with. Just imagining it kills me. I mean being there-- at the top! And you?! You're going to be there all day, sending person to person to the one-time adventure of their lives. Shocks, I give you a thousand and one salutes. And you, you're supposed to be a lot like the psychologist calming the first-timers that "Ok lang yan. It's gonna be alright" or you're going to assure them "Safe 'yan!", and you're going to wear that smile you've been giving everyone who passes your limbo. Wow. Haha obviously, I'm a little terrified of heights but I'm really curious how it's like to be these people! Are they always assured that the ropes are fine? Or did they just have those lines practiced? Really interesting job.

(via)

Hehe, I'll never stop getting curious about the lives of these people until I get to experience some time in their shoes. I guess when I'm them, my life wouldn't sound as mysterious and as thrilling as how I am addressing these jobs right now, but duh, who gets curious about the life of a nongraduating college student who spends hours on the internet writing and reading stuff? Oh well, this may be the very thoughts these men I look forward to become for some time may also be thinking, too. "Who gets interested in this ol' little job o'mine?" Hmm, they must know that this nongraduating college student who spends hours on the internet writing and reading stuff izz very, very curious. Hehe, geeee, someone from this list lend me a day in their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment