Sunday 22 December 2013

The Kite Runner GR Review

The Kite RunnerThe Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What's the best way to atone for one's "sin"?

I found the book really heartbreaking in every way. I don't know if the book justifies reality, but then, I realize that reality is absurd in its own nature, and what just happened in this novel may be what is really happening in the lives of the Afghans.

The book opened my eyes on the state of what's happening in war-torn countries. It just broke my heart. I dunno if Hosseini's narration was intended to make the book a tearjerker or if he just wanted to deliver a story that is naturally heartbreaking. The book teaches us a thing or two about bravery, resolutions and the Afghan language.

So far, currently, this is the book for which I've shed most tears in my entire existence.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment