Tuesday 10 December 2013

Preparing for the Christmas Season

Fa la la la la lalalala

Hooray for the holidays! Yipeeee, me is happy.

I adore the holidays. For me, it is such an awesome time of the year. Why?

-Well, for one, I/we get to rest in the middle of a semester, and the illusion that we've tricked the semestral calendar (to become shorter) works for me.
-I also love the feeling that almost everyone I know is getting fired up for the Christmas and New Year holidays.
-And though we've never had a chimney at home, I always have this picture in my head--of a couch by a chimney with a family reading by it (Little Women style). Meaning, I always imagined this time of the year as the time when we cozy up and rest from the demands of our world.

(via)


Anyway, I am an enthusiast for planners/todo-lists/to-buy's/& stuff same (note: I just love doing/writing them, not always able to do what's on the lists). And I have big plans for this coming Christmas break, and here's how I'm preparing for it:

1. (Never-ending) Christmas list (of people I'm gifting to & their gifts)
            I love giving gifts! Yes, I do. But, I haven't been always able to give gifts religiously esp when budget doesn't allow it. Here's the catch: Yearly, I write a list of people to give gifts to (regardless if I'm able to give or buy the gifts). Haha.
            For this year, I decided to give people personalized items! Haha and I'm afraid they'll get frustrated if I won't be able to do it right, but I'm still pushing to create these crafts. It'll take so much of my time, but I'd still love to do it.

2. Christmas playlist
            What's Christmas without its season's music? I remember when I was younger, my Dad would always buy the latest Christmas albums so we'll play the latest Christmas grooves (and I have to admit that these are really um weird (?) novelty Christmas songs), and it wasn't until I was already able to download and create playlists that we stopped playing the last album my Dad bought. Haha, so it's been a lot of years that we're stuck with the 2004 Christmas trends. Anyway, the last years, I played my fave bands' versions of Christmas songs, and the older people didn't like it, so for this year, I downloaded classical Christmas songs, ugh and it's really lovely.




3. Films for the break
            Ok, of course, it's gonna be some time off from the busy world, so it's movie marathon time. I just dunno if my family would be so glad with the films I chose to prepare (download) for the season, because they're all classics. I thought that it would be really charming and cozy to have classical films on while we're slicing the hamon de bola (either that or Christmas songs on). Hehe, esp that I am collecting classic films of classic novels. Hmmm exciting!

(via)

(via)
(via)
(via)

4. Personal Wishlist
            I quite love myself a lot, chos, haha. Nope, lately, I haven't given myself presents for the Christmas, hahaha, I think it's important to save some for myself, too. So, I listed my "surprises" to myself. Er. My wishlist for myself consists simple requests, and I'm excited to have them all. Waha. My #1 wish: CRAFT BOX w/ craft materials in it (ehem, friends, who'll get to read this, you prolly can help me a lil with this, ehem) Oh well, I really need to give myself this soon, so I can start creating my gifts to other people.
     
(via)
(via)

5. Christmas reads
            I haven't listed my Christmas reads yet, but I really wanna read a lot for the break. I want to feel the season with what I am gonna read, and I'm planning to read Christmas-themed novels or just happy reads if they won't be about Christmas. Actually, I'm planning to pick A Christmas Carol by Dickens up, whew, it's always been in my to-read list, I hope I can get started with it soon!

(via)

6. Christmas Eve programme
            I'm quite the planner and organizer in the family, and I plan to have a plan for our Christmas eve. Yearly, it's always waking up at 12mn and eating and exchanging gifts, and some talent show if we're with our relatives. This year, I've heard it's going to be just us sibs and mom, and so, I'm thinking of creating a mini-party for us. And it wouldn't hurt if we do it the classic way. Hahaha

7. Christmas shopping
            I think we're going to miss a real lot if we forget or didn't care to shop during for this season. This is the activity we're gonna be sharing with millions of people, bumping against other humans in the malls, and buying and window shopping nice items-- I think it's valuable for all its worth. Ha. My family already cancelled our supposed-to-be first Christmas shopping because I'm sick this weekend. I wish to get well by next week, so we can already start the "shopping" next weekend. Shopping sure sounds luxurious, but it doesn't need be. Hehe, especially if there's Divisoria! :) Ain't Christmas shopping more fun in the Philippines?

(via)

(via)
(via)
            These photos make DV look a lot like a pain when it comes to shopping, but for those who haven't tried shopping in this kind of crowd yet, ha, you should try it. It is really fun. Tiring, yes, but there's some kind of Christmas-y fulfillment in it. :)

8.  Christmas decorations
            We haven't decorated our home ever since we started spending our Christmas breaks in Pangasinan (since we do the decorating there), but for this year, that we have a rough plan of spending it here in Manila, I hope we can, at least, put some decors on. For me, decorations shouldn't be too annoying and flashy, I prefer the simple yet sweet feels of Christmas decors around the home. Hehe.
(via)

(via)


Really giddy about it. Of course, I am, because I am lady ehehehem. A lady must want this season very much LOL JK.

What's important though aren't the items nor the parties nor the foods, what's always been important for this season is to know its essence-- the real reason why we're all called to celebrate this awesome.

(Playing while writing this post: Classical Christmas music)

Happy holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment