Friday 13 December 2013

Old and tattered

A blabber about classics. 

I've always had a knack for the things of the past ever since I started reading classic novels. Yes, Pride and Prejudice is my favorite, but it isn't the first classic novel I've read. I have already explored the Before way back when I was in my freshie year in high school. But it wasn't my first encounter with classics; I think that the very first novel I've read was Little Women by L. M. Alcott, and it was when I was in first grade. Of course, the fairy tales and storybooks that filled my (and your) childhood (eg. Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Three Little Pigs, etc) also count as classics.

(via)
 Many people have already encountered classic stuff in their journeys, and I cannot say that I'm very unique because I like these old pieces. No. Of course not. But I have a big love for this thing. If people consider the classic stuff as just some movie/song/novel genre or just some stuff from the aged chest, the classics for me are items subjected for love! Hahahaha cheeeze.

Why?

(via)
I love the mystery in it. That the writers and creators of these pieces of art are already long buried. How can we prove that Charlotte Bronte really did kill her sisters? Is Mona Lisa the female version of Da Vinci? Ugh and other juicy items to be curious about for forever! I mean you can't wake them up and snatch the truth directly out from their mouths.


I also love the way that it has once been and now it is just a memory to those who witnessed them, and a tale to those who really didn't get firsthand experience from the past's era. I'm curious about the vanity fair, the time of really huge estates, time of the horses, of gentlemen and ladies, etc.
(via)
(via)

(via)
(via)
I love the frills and the petticoats! It really is impractical to dress up with laces and thick clothing these days, but it is really beautiful to imagine that time. I think it is really a beautiful thing that these things are just for imaginations now, so at least, we have these lovely pictures in our heads.

(via)


(via)

(via)
I love the letter-writing! The way the people expressed their emotions. Ha! The way you're gonna wait before you hear something or before you can say something to someone. Eeeee, romantic! These awesome pieces of papers are really huge chunks of the wonderful history of this old world.

(via)

And I love the classics for all other reasons I am also clueless about.

Lately, I've been watching Downton Abbey, a British period-drama, whenever I grab some time from my busy schedule. I am really really in love with it. I laugh, cry, hate, love with the people in it. Currently, it's this time of my life when I've been observing most of the people around me are getting hooked up with different series, too. There are these fans of How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Gossip Girl, Breaking Bad, Dr. Who, Once Upon A Time, The Vampire Diaries, etc. I can classify these people based on the series they're watching already (though not always, because some people really just like different genres), and somehow, they have found their unofficial communities of people to talk with about these already... and where are my co-Downton Abbey admirers? Ok, there's the US-first lady Michelle Obama, Sandra Bullock, Ginnifer Goodwin, Prince William & Princess Kate, and the people in Flavorwire, etc. hahaha my point? It is really rare to find some others who share my taste for this kind of theme. Unfortunately, I haven't found one in our campus who's already watched DA yet, though I'm sure there must be a couple of people who already did, we just don't get across each other's roads. Admittedly, this kind of concept may be boring for others, that kind which sends some to sleep, but I seldom find myself dozing off when I am spending time for this beautiful pieces.

(via)
A confession: I'm not a classics/vintage expert! No, I'm not an expert. I know some. I've read some. I listen to some classical music, I watch really old films, but I don't count as an expert. I'm a mere lover of those aging items that pass along my way. I love it, but I don't consider myself a fanatic. I love looking at the dresses, but I don't find myself walking to school wearing my favorite characters or doing these things on a regular basis or things like that. I just love it.

Why am I even posting about this? Uh, forget about the reason, 'tis my blog anyway, I just wanna say these random things in my head (as I always do in this page). Just a post about an interest of mine. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment