Friday 13 December 2013

Just Jest

Our I/O Psychology class went out for a trip last Dec 9, 2013, and our professor chose Jest Camp (Jungle Environmental Survival Training Camp), Subic to be our venue. The place is good for class/employees/family/etc team-building activities. 'Twas a short trip, but it was fun.

The place was a 1-2 hour ride from Clark, Pampanga, and the view on the way there is really good. The mountains, the trees, oh well, you'll just hate to get back to your studies and to the city.

First, Kuya Nomer, a tour guide/survival trainer in Jest taught us how to survive in the wild (he said that what he taught us was just 10% of what we'll need to survive, other survival techniques will be taught if we spend the whole day and a night to three in the camp). He showed us how to make tableware out of some kind of trees. He also taught us how to make fire and how to cook using these tools from the environment.



Then the adventure began:




Aerial Adventure Walk

just set for the aerial adventure
scaredy cat forevs
Me having fun yeah







               









Soleily enjoying the "wrecking ball"-ish swing

sweet ladies
Jessica getting through one of the obstacles-- aerial barrels
Go Gela! Haha. That plank walk made my knees shake so badly it was embarrassing
During my aerial walk, I was screaming for help, I was even saying that I don't wanna continue anymore. It was just so thrilling for me, I was screaming my heart out. To console myself, I even did self-talks, asking myself to continue and stuff! Haha. After I finished the whole thing, my classmates applauded me (nakakahiya!), and said "Ate Shai, may natapos ka nang course!". Oh, these kids! If I just don't love them.

class shot after everyone's got their aerial walk turns

Then, off we went to Goliath's city for the Goliath's Swing 
This tall thing will swing you 30 feet above the ground. I wasn't able to experience this, because our entrance fee covers only one adventure. If we wanna do another, there'll be an additional fee

Yipeeeeeeee!!!!!

The skies so blue, the trees so green. I think when you're up there, you'll think that it's a good day to die
                   


not scripted! mouths are really hanging and the girls are screaming as soon as a person will start swinging, it was as if we were watching a horror/suspense picture
beautiful landscape!
the class seemed like they were watching a film ongoing while a person is being swung haha cute


class shot after the last person was swung

LOOFANG!
So, we ate dishes that were cooked in the native way or "Niluto sa Kawayan" as they call it.









Stroll before the trip back home

The place has its own wildlife park:



                     
And then, there's this awesome Maze of Misfortune, where we spent hours looking for colors to dip our fingers into. After each of the fingers in a hand of ours already got colored, we can go and consult the fortune chart on what's up with our fortunes:

 

The verdict: "It's witching night", I don't know what that means though. Others have more  exact fortunes like they'll fall in love on this certain day or something
It was really fun and there are a lot of other packages and adventures in the camp. Check it out here: http://www.jestcamp.com/. Another thing I loved there is the homey atmosphere among the workers, like: our tour guides were also the ones who were serving food, and cooking the dishes. :)

Photo Credits: Soleil Acu, MJ Fajardo, & Jessica Bonus
(huhu, forgot to bring my camera to the field trip)

No comments:

Post a Comment